Well, I will answer the above question using the noun PARENT
1. P – A parent is a PRIEST: You should ensure the family altar is alive and also show your kids the path to God.
2. A – A parent is AVAILABLE: Jesse Jackson said, “Your children need your presence more than your presents”. In other words, they want your company more than what you provide for them.
3. R – A parent is a REFERENCE: Be the primary source of information and advice for your children, as such, you must always interact with them.
4. E – A parent is an EXAMPLE: Some time ago, someone told me how a parent called the school the child was to write an examination to ask if someone can be allowed to write the examination for the daughter. The truth is that the parent who made that call is not a good example. Tomorrow that child will also engage in cheating and cutting corners to make it in life. Moreover, be conscious of how you behave in their presence, what you wear, the way you drive and the kind of music you listen and dance to including the television programmes you watch. Remember action speaks louder than words.
5. N – A parent is NEUTRAL: Don’t show favouritism amongst your children as it will lead to jealousy and unhealthy rivalry.
6. T – A parent is a TRAINER: The Bible says in Proverbs 22:6 as follows, ‘Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not depart from it”. The training starts when they are still children not teenagers. As such stop the procrastination and begin to train them now.
So parents, it is my heart’s desire that this information will enable us to become better parents as we put them into practice.